For all of you suffering from acne , you know the daily drill. Waking up an hour before your job / school to cover and camouflage everything. And even when you do your best they are still visible. Not to talk about pain, redness, and soreness. If you are tired of buying creams, lotions and potions, keep on reading, it gets interesting.
What if I tell you I can help you reduce and/or get rid of them with few simple steps? The best thing is- it doesn`t cost you a thing.
Let`s see what the acne really are.
“Acne vulgaris (or simply acne) is a long-term skin condition characterized by areas of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, greasy skin, and possibly scarring. The resulting appearance may lead to anxiety, reduced self-esteem, and in extreme cases, depression or thoughts of suicide.”
So I`d say it`s pretty serious.
Even though dermatology as a branch in medicine did develop throughout the years- most of the doctors still don`t connect acne with food or any sort of diet. I disagree. As the year’s pass, they connected the dots and nowadays you can read many articles connecting these two.
Let`s start with your diet.
Diet , what does diet have to do with acne?
Here`s the thing, it has EVERYTHING to do with acne, not to mention your general immunity status.
We all know the skin is our largest organ, mirror of all things happening inside of us. If you are down with the flu- your skin has it too. If you don`t eat or sleep regularly- you look awful. Simple as that. Even when people have some health problems primarily not connected to their skin- you can diagnose them according to their skin condition.
In the beginning of medicinal general practice, the doctors didn`t have as much as (or any) of the equipment or knowledge we possess nowadays. They diagnosed people`s diseases through their skin changes and breath or body odor. And they were somewhat successful! With all the benefits modern age has brought us- we forgot the most important thing: Not to complicate everything and how to get back to our roots. Let`s start with our daily basics. Eating.
I`m sure most of you already heard of modern age “silent white killers” – white flour and refined sugar. ( I would add milk too.)
Say goodbye to refined sugar! Right now!
We don`t need to talk about sugar much, but let`s see some facts:
- Refined sugar develops an addiction. Yup, that`s a fact. Actually, some of the scientists confirmed sugar addiction is similar to heroin addiction because it triggers the same hormone in your brain- dopamine. Dopamine is the “pleasure” hormone, situated in the part of your brain responsible for “rewarding” you. That`s why you reach for sugar mostly when you are sad, depressed and anxious.
- Getting off sugar is also similar to getting off You can have physical manifestations when addicted to sugar, same as in getting off heroine.
Shaking, sweating and high sensitivity to everything and everyone. That`s why it needs to be done step by step. You can`t cut off any of the addictions right away, you need to accustom your body to new doses.
- Refined sugar gets you fat, that`s not new. It contains so-called “empty calories”. There are no proteins, essential fats, vitamins or minerals in sugar. Just pure energy.
- It`s very bad for your teeth. It provides a great base for all of the bacteria`s in your mouth, keeping them busy and multiplied.
- Sugar is the most favorite food for our fungi and bacteria flora situated in our bowels. The more sugar you eat the happier they are, breeding out of control leaving our body in a messy situation.
When your bacteria and fungi ratio is not balanced in your bowels- you have a problem. Acne are one of the many manifestations of that unbalanced ratio. The cause of acne ARE the bacteria`s, that`s why acne they get red, inflamed and putrid. The pus is just dead bacteria`s. Bacteria`s favorite food is, you guessed, SUGAR!
Say goodbye to white wheat and dairy products, along with milk:
There are many reasons not to eat wheat, some of them are:
- White flour creates obesity with blood sugar disorders.
- White flour creates digestive issues.
- White Flour can set off a wheat allergy.
- White flour can cause inflammation and chronic disease.
And what about dairy products?
Dairy products are produced with and from milk. Milk is healthy you say, why not to drink it? Here`s the thing. Milk is not what it used to be. We don`t drink it directly from the cow or a goat anymore, and even if we do it`s not the same as it used to be. Animals are fed with all kinds of supplements and fattening products, as well as the antibiotics. The food they eat is not clean as it used to be, it`s polluted and artificial. How can you expect to get a healthy glass of milk from an unhealthy animal?
The studies confirmed our whole system doesn`t use or NEED milk at all, not after the age of 2, or after you stop feeding on your mother`s milk. And when you think about it, we are the only mammals alive eating or drinking milk after we stop breastfeeding. Our body can`t digest milk, it doesn`t really know what to do with it. Especially this water and powder mixture we call milk nowadays.
And guess what. Along with sugar milk is favorite food and a solid base for your unbalanced bacteria flora in your guts.
Say goodbye to honey!
Now you are freaking out, thinking: “How can she say that? Honey is healthy, honey is made by busy little bees!” Well, the thing is- honey sucks. And you should stop using it in every form.
Why? I`ll give you just a few answers, you`ll get it:
- Honey USED to be healthy, just as milk was. And they share the same reason why it isn`t anymore. Will all the pollution in the air, flora loss, and removal of green surfaces- bees have nothing to collect anymore? You probably already heard that the beekeepers are out of their mind by now. Bees are dying, they don`t produce as much honey as they used too, and the business is dying out along with them. So, beekeepers admitted they substitute pollen with chemical powders, in absence of natural one.
- Honey IS sugar.
- It doesn`t get spoiled. Isn`t that awkward? Remember all those fast food hamburger tests? The one, when they buy one and keep it in a bag for a year and t, doesn`t change a bit? Well, that`s the thing. Everything natural needs to get spoiled. It`s the sign it`s somewhat “normal”.
- “But they used honey in ancient times!” Yup, they did. And they found jars of honey in pyramids. STILL EATABLE! Imagine all kinds of ancient bacteria`s developed their own world in there.
- Let`s get things Honey is helpful. But you know why? Because it`s made mostly out of SUGAR! If your throat is sore you take some honey with your tea. And it get`s better. There`s a reason to it. The sugar creates a “film” in your throat, making it less sore. But the sugar is also making things worse. Giving your already infected throat a brand new base for developing all kinds of new bacteria`s. And it`s a vicious circle.
Last but not the least, say goodbye to anything made out of yeast.
- Bread and all of the bakery goods.
- Wine and beer.
- Cakes and cookies.
Basically, anything made out of yeast fermentation is bad for you. Why? Let me explain.
We already mentioned your body (mostly your bowels) is home to all kinds of fungi species. Your body is also a perfect mechanism, it balances the good and the bad bacteria`s and fungi to work perfectly. If you flood it with enormous amounts of “artificial” yeast- it gets confused and tries to work things out. And that`s a great start for most of our problems including gynecological issues in women, skin conditions and dermatitis, allergies, nail diseases and much more.
Fruits and fructose
I`ll be short on this one. Fructose is a kind of sugar made from and in fruits, obviously. It`s not as dangerous as white sugar, it`s not refined and it is healthy. Yes, for the most part, it is, but if you have a problem with unbalanced bowel flora, acne or fungi diseases- you should be careful too. There are more and less sweet fruits.
The fruits you should avoid are:
- Watermelons and cantaloupes
- Sweet apples
The fruits you CAN eat:
- Sour apples
- Limes and lemons
Please avoid dried fruit. Although it`s dried it`s filled with sugar.
Here`s a table of content for some of the common fruits.
Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. We usually think of bacteria as something that causes diseases. But your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are often called “good” or “helpful” bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy.
They are not just for your gut health, but the whole immune system. Probiotics make you healthier, in general, giving your body balanced bacteria culture, making you more resistant to any kinds of diseases. When your gut is clean and in balance- you did an awesome job for your health.
You can buy them anywhere, and you can choose a type yourself, fitting to your needs. Either you prefer them in a capsule or in a powderish state- mixing them with water afterward.
Just a few tips when consuming them:
- Keep them refrigerated.
- If you drink coffee please take them an hour or two after, or before. Caffeine kills the good bacteria`s.
- You can take them on an empty stomach ( it`s preferable ) because your guts are more “open” for intake and absorption.
Scrubbing your tongue and keeping your mouth clean:
There`s no need to explain your mouth is a nice place for bacteria spreading. Besides keeping your teeth’s clean and healthy ( a rotten tooth or a tooth with hidden granuloma can also be one of the many causes of acne, be sure to visit your dentist ) you can help yourself by scrubbing your tongue daily. You can do that with your toothbrush or you can buy a tongue scraper, they are available at any store.
You can gargle your mouth with some mouthwash too, keeping bacteria`s at a minimum.
Tea tree oil
“Tea tree oil (TTO), or melaleuca oil, is an essential oil with a fresh camphoraceous odor and a color that ranges from pale yellow to nearly colorless and clear. It is taken from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia, which is native to Southeast Queensland and the Northeast coast of New South Wales, Australia.
Tea tree oil is toxic when taken by mouth, but is widely used in low concentrations in cosmetics and skin washes. Tea tree oil has been claimed to be useful for treating a wide variety of medical conditions. It shows some promise as an antimicrobial. Tea tree oil may be effective in a variety of dermatologic conditions including dandruff, acne, lice, herpes, and other skin infections.”
You can use it in your washing foam or soap, shower gel or body milk. Just be sure you don’t exaggerate. Use it in just ONE of the products, for an example just body milk or shower gel. Also, don`t use it in any of pre-mixed face creams, you can break their texture and formula.
Please be sure not to take it by mouth, you can use it in the following ratio:
1 drop in 10 ml of something.
Example: If you have a body milk of 250 ml, you will put 25 drops of tea tree oil inside. Be sure you use some neutral body milk with a mild scent, tea tree has a strong and refreshing scent itself.
Let`s sum things up:
- Reduce (and eventually stop eating) sugar.
- Reduce and eventually stop consuming milk and dairy products.
- Reduce alcohol intake.
- Reduce and stop consuming everything made with yeast fermentation.
- Start using probiotics to balance your gut flora.
- Find a cream and gel wash fitting to your skin type.
- Scrub your tongue.
- Use tea tree oil in your shampoo/shower gel/milk 1 drop by 10 ml.
What to eat?
Fruit smoothies, acidophilic yogurt, eggs, bacon, tea without sugar, dried bread (toast), all kinds of meat, a lot of vegetables, fruits, almonds, naturally made snack bars, soups.. You can`t say you don`t have a choice now!